International Health Insurance > HTH Worldwide
Global Navigator Health Plan
Why should you buy the Global Navigator Plan?
Here are some reasons you should consider the Global Navigator health plan:
Reason 1: Medical Expense Coverage
During your international experience, you may need to see a doctor, have a prescription filled, receive care at a hospital, or deal with an unexpected medical emergency. In addition, you may wish to return home for either routine care or the treatment of an unexpected illness.
The Medical Benefits provided under the Global Navigator health plan can help protect you against these unforeseeable circumstances regardless of where you are.
Reason 2: Medical Evacuation and Other Coverages
In addition to Medical Benefits, the Global Navigator plan provides other valuable benefits, including:
- Medical Evacuation Coverage, to transport you to higher quality medical care in the event of serious illness.
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Coverage.
- Pharmacy Coverage, which includes coverage for prescription medications inside and >outside the U.S.
Reason 3: Ready Access to Quality Care
In addition to health protection, you'll receive access to HTH Worldwide's global community of carefully selected, contracted hospitals, physicians, dentists and behavioral health professionals in over 180 countries. Detailed provider profiles, including medical training, are available online. Global Navigator customers who require hospital care overseas can receive full profiled international treatment options and, in the event of an unforeseen emergency, round-the-clock support, including assistance with evacuation. In most cases, HTH can pay providers directly (not available everywhere), saving you from using personal funds upfront. For care in the U.S., the Global Navigator plan includes access to centers of excellence and a U.S. PPO network. Members also have the freedom to choose any doctor or hospital, worldwide.
Reason 4: Global Navigator Offers the Strength of a U.S. Insurer
Global Navigator is underwritten by
- UNICARE Life & Health, a WellPoint company which is rated A- (Excellent) by A.M. Best. WellPoint is the nations largest health care company, serving more than 28 million members; or
- HM Life Insurance Company, Pittsburgh, PA or HM Life Insurance Company of New York, New York, NY. Both companies are rated A- (Excellent) by A.M. Best Company. HM Life Insurance Company and HM Life Insurance Company of New York are part of HM Insurance Group, whose member companies work to provide health risk solutions for clients.
Reason 5: Global Navigator Offers Advantages over Competing Plans
The Global Navigator health plan has met the standards of state regulators and thus features benefits more generous than non-admitted "surplus coverage."
- No limit on time spent in or out of the U.S.
- Deductible is waived for office visits to participating providers.
- Administered using HIPPA guidelines - the pre-existing condition exclusion can be reduced or waived.
- No waiting period associated with any preventive services.
- Covers injuries or illnesses that are a result of a terrorist act.
For members going on mission, in addition to the eligibility requirements set forth below, initial eligibility requires that the Eligible Member resides outside his/her Home Country or is scheduled to reside outside his/her Home Country for a period greater that 3 months.
An Eligible Dependent means a person who is the Eligible Participant's:
- unmarried natural child, stepchild or legally adopted child who has not yet reached age 19;
- own or spouse's own unmarried child, of any age, enrolled prior to age 19, who is incapable of self support due to continuing mental retardation or physical disability and who is chiefly dependent on the Eligible Participant. The Insurer requires written proof from a Physician of such disability and dependency within 31 days of the child's 19th birthday and annually thereafter.
- unmarried child, from their 19th to their 23rd birthday who is a full-time student attending an accredited college, university, vocational or technical school, and who is fully dependent upon the Eligible Participant for support. The Insurer may require proof of student status, but not more than once a Calendar Year;
A person may not be an Insured Dependent for more than one Insured Participant.
Additional Requirements for an Eligible Participant and Eligible Dependents:
An Eligible Participant or an Eligible Dependent must meet all of the following requirements:
- Missionary participants must be a Citizen of the U.S. or permanent resident of the U.S. (as defined by the immigration code of the U.S.);
- Marine participant's Country of Assignment is other than the Eligible Participant's Home Country;
- under Age 75.