RoundTrip & RoundTrip Choice Travel Protection
When Benefits Do Not Apply
- Pre-Existing Conditions, as defined in the Definitions section (except Emergency Evacuation and Repatriation of Remains) unless the insurance is purchased within 10 days of the initial Trip deposit; suicide, attempted suicide or any intentionally self-inflicted injury while sane or insane (in Missouri, sane only) unless resulting in the death of a non-traveling immediate Family Member;
- intentionally self-inflicted injuries;
- war, invasion, acts of foreign enemies, hostilities between nations (whether declared or not), civil war; participation in any military maneuver or training exercise;
- any loss starting while You are in the service of the armed forces of any country. Orders to active military service for training purposes of two months or less will not constitute service in the armed forces. Upon notice to the Company of entering the armed forces, the Company will return to You pro-rata any premium paid, less any benefits paid, for any period during which You are in such service;
- piloting or learning to pilot or acting as a member of the crew of any aircraft; mental or emotional disorders, unless hospitalized;
- participation as a professional in athletics;
- participation in underwater activities;
- being under the influence of drugs or intoxicants, unless prescribed by a Physician, unless results in the death of a nontraveling immediate Family Member;
- commission or the attempt to commit a criminal act;
- participating in bodily contact sports;
- skydiving; hang-gliding; parachuting; mountaineering; any race; bungee cord jumping; and speed contest (speed contest shall not include any of the regatta races, SCUBA diving, spelunking or caving, heliskiing, extreme skiing)
- dental treatment except as a result of an injury to sound natural teeth within twelve (12) months of the Accidental Injury limited to $750;
- any non-emergency treatment or surgery, routine physical examinations, hearing aids, eye glasses or contact lenses; pregnancy and childbirth (except for complications of pregnancy) except if hospitalized;
- curtailment or delayed return for other than covered reasons;
- traveling for the purpose of securing medical treatment;
- services not shown as covered;
- directly or indirectly, the actual, alleged or threatened discharge, dispersal, seepage, migration, escape, release or exposure to any hazardous biological, chemical, nuclear radioactive material, gas, matter or contamination;
- Confinement or treatment in a government Hospital; however the United States government may recover or collect benefits under certain conditions;
- Care or treatment that is not medically necessary;
- Care or treatment for which compensation is payable under Worker’s Compensation Law, any Occupational Disease law; the 4800 Time Benefit plan or similar legislation;
- Care or treatment that is payable under any Insurance policy that does not require deductible and/or coinsurance payments by You;
- Injury or Sickness when traveling against the advice of a Physician;
- Cosmetic surgery except for: reconstructive surgery incidental to or following surgery for trauma, or infection or other covered disease of the part of the body reconstructed, or to treat a congenital malformation of a child.
The following exclusions apply to Collision Damage Waiver:
- Any obligation the Insured assumes under any agreement (except insurance collision deductible);
- Rentals of trucks, campers, trailers, off-road or four-wheel drive vehicles, motor bikes, motorcycles, recreational vehicles or Exotic Vehicles;
- Any loss that occurs if the Insured is in violation of the rental agreement;
- Failure to report the loss to the proper local authorities and the rental car company;
- Damage to any other vehicle, structure or person as a result of a
The following duties in the event of loss apply to Collision Damage Waiver:
- The Insured must take all reasonable, necessary steps to protect the vehicle and prevent further damage to it;
- The Insured must report the loss to the appropriate local authorities and the rental company as soon as possible;
- The Insured must obtain all information on any other party involved in an Accident, such as name, address, insurance information and driver’s license number;
- The Insured must provide the Company all documentation such as rental agreement, police report and damage estimate.
WHEN "PRE-EXISTING" APPLIES
The Pre-Existing Conditions exclusion is waived for You if You enroll in the Group Policy at the time You pay the deposit required for Your Trip (or within 10 days of the initial deposit) and You purchase the coverage under the Group Policy for the full cost of Your Trip.
Pre-Existing Condition means any injury, sickness or condition of You, Your Traveling Companion, Your Family Member booked to travel with You for which within the sixty (60) day period prior to the effective date of Trip Cancellation coverage under the Group Policy
- first manifested itself or exhibited symptoms that would have caused one to seek diagnosis, care or treatment;
- required taking prescribed drugs or medicine, unless the condition for which the prescribed drug or medicine is taken remains controlled without any change in the required prescription; or
- required medical treatment or treatment was recommended by a Physician.
CLAIM QUESTIONS & SITUATIONS
After you have enrolled, you will receive an Evidence of Benefits and an ID Card, which will describe all aspects of the program, as well as who to contact in case of an emergency or if a claim should occur. The Assistance Company should be contacted if you require assistance while on your trip. When purchasing your trip, be sure to keep all documentation. This information will be required in order to process any claim.
Products underwritten by Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company, Nationwide Life Insurance Company and Nationwide Mutual Fire Insurance Company.
Please see Evidence of Benefits for Specific State filings, and/or change in benefits.
Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (“PPACA”): This insurance is not subject to, and does not provide certain of the insurance benefits required by, the United States PPACA. PPACA requires certain U.S. residents and citizens to obtain PPACA compliant insurance coverage. In certain circumstances penalties may be imposed on U.S. residents and citizens who do not maintain PPACA compliant insurance coverage. You should consult your attorney or tax professional to determine if PPACA’s requirements are applicable to you. The policy contains the plan benefits, including a lifetime maximum that you have selected. Please review your choices to ensure that you have sufficient coverage to meet your medical needs.