RoundTrip Choice Travel Protection
|Benefit||Per Person Limit|
|Trip Cancellation||Tour Cost to a maximum of $30,000|
|Trip Interruption||150% or tour cost maximum|
|Trip Delay / Missed Connection||$1,000|
|Emergency Medical Expense||$150,000|
|Emergency Medical Evacuation / Repatriation||$1,000,000|
|Lost Baggage / Personal Effects||$2,000|
|Common Carrier AD&D||$25,000|
|Travel Assistance Services||Included|
|Optional Flight Accident per Trip||$100,000; $250,000; or $500,000|
|Optional Collision Damage Waiver (CDW)||$35,000|
|Optional Cancel for Any Reason||Up to 75% of Non-Refundable Trip Cost|
Description of Benefits
Trip Cancellation / Interruption
The Company will pay a benefit, up to the maximum shown on the Confirmation of Coverage, if You are prevented from taking Your Trip after your effective date* due to:
- Sickness, Accidental Injury or death of You, Traveling Companion, or Family Member or Business Partner; which results in medically imposed restrictions as certified by a Physician at the time of loss preventing your continued participation in the Trip. A Physician must advise cancellation of the Trip on or before the Scheduled Departure Date.
- You or a Traveling Companion being hijacked, quarantined, required to serve on a jury, subpoenaed, the victim of felonious assault within 10 days of departure; or having his/her principal place of residence made uninhabitable by fire, flood or other natural disaster; or burglary of his/her principal place of residence within 10 days of departure.
- You or a Traveling Companion being directly involved in a traffic accident substantiated by a police report, while en route to departure.
- A transfer of You by the employer with whom You are employed on the Effective Date that requires Your principal residence to be relocated.
- The death or hospitalization of Your Host at Destination.
- A Terrorist Incident that occurs in a city listed on Your Trip itinerary and within 30 days prior to your Scheduled Departure Date. This same city must not have experienced a Terrorist Incident within the 90 days prior to the Terrorist Incident that is causing the cancellation of Your Trip. Benefits are not provided if the Travel Supplier offers a substitute itinerary. Your Scheduled Departure Date must be no more than 15 months beyond Your Effective Date.
- Your Traveling Companion or Family Member, who are military personnel, and are called to emergency duty for a natural disaster other than war.
- Strike that causes complete cessation of services for at least 48 consecutive hours.
- Weather that causes complete cessation of services of the Common Carrier for at least 48 consecutive hours.
- Bankruptcy and/or Default of Your Travel Supplier that occurs more than 10 days following Your Effective Date. Coverage is not provided for the Bankruptcy or Default of the travel agency from whom You purchased the Land/Sea Arrangements. Your Scheduled Departure Date must be no more than 15 months beyond Your Effective Date. Benefits will be paid due to Bankruptcy or Default of an airline only if no alternate transportation is available. If alternate transportation is available, benefits will be limited to the change fee charged to allow You to transfer to another airline in order to get to Your intended destination.
- You are terminated, or laid off from employment subject to five years of continuous employment at the place of employment where terminated.
- Natural disaster at the site of Your destination that renders their destination accommodations uninhabitable.
* Effective Date is the date which begins at 12:01 a.m. following the: 1) postmark date of your enrollment form or 2) the date you fax or transmit your enrollment via the internet with the proper payment.
- You are eligible to buy RoundTrip if You are located within the United States at the time of purchase. All listed applicants for coverage must also be located within the United States at the time of purchase.
- Dependent Children are children of the Primary Applicant who are under 19 years of age.
- Washington, New Hampshire and New York Residents will be issued an Individual Policy.
- For residents of NY and WA, plan costs are considered non-refundable at the time of purchase. Please contact your agent for more information.
Trip Cancellation: The Company will reimburse You for the following:
- Non-refundable cancellation charges imposed by the Participating Organization and/or Travel Suppliers.
- If the Travel Supplier cancels Your Trip, then You are covered up to $75.00 for the reissue fee charged by the airline for the tickets. You must have covered the entire cost of the Trip including the airfare.
In no event shall the amount reimbursed exceed the amount You prepaid for the Trip.
Coverage does not include default of a Participating Organization or other organization that results in loss of services.
Trip Interruption: The Company will reimburse You the following:
- Unused, non-refundable land or sea expenses prepaid to the Travel Suppliers;
- The airfare paid less the value of applied credit from an unused travel ticket to return home, join or rejoin the original Land/Sea Arrangements limited to the cost of one-way economy airfare or similar quality as the originally issued ticket by scheduled carrier.
The Company will pay for reasonable additional accommodation and transportation expenses incurred by You (up to $100 a day) if a Traveling Companion must remain hospitalized, or if You must extend the Trip with additional hotel nights due to a Physician certifying that You cannot fly home due to an Accident or a Sickness but does not require hospitalization.
In no event shall the amount reimbursed exceed the maximum benefit shown on the Confirmation of Coverage.
Trip Delay: Benefits include additional transportation cost to join the covered trip or return home and/or for unused non-refundable expenses for your covered trip. Delay must be three hours or more and certified due to one of the following reasons:
The Company will reimburse You for Covered Expenses on a one-time basis, up to the maximum shown in the Confirmation of Coverage, if You are delayed en route to or from the Trip for twelve (12) or more hours due to a defined Hazard;
Covered Expenses include:
- Any prepaid, unused, non-refundable land and water accommodations;
- Any reasonable additional expenses incurred;
- An Economy Fare from the point where You ended Your Trip to a destination where You can catch up to the Trip; or
- A one-way Economy Fare to return You to Your originally scheduled return destination.
This benefit covers missed Cruise departures that result from cancellation or delay (for three or more hours) of all regularly scheduled airline flights due to Inclement Weather or any Common Carrier caused delay. Maximum benefits of up to the amount shown in the Confirmation of Coverage are provided to cover additional transportation expenses needed for You to join the departed Cruise, reasonable accommodation and meal expenses (up to the per day amount shown in the Confirmation of Coverage) and non-refundable trip payments for the unused portion of Your Cruise. Coverage is secondary to any compensation provided by a Common Carrier. Coverage will not be provided to individuals who are able to meet their scheduled departure but cancel their Cruise due to Inclement Weather.
Emergency Medical Sickness & Accident Expense:
The Company will pay benefits up to the maximum shown on the Confirmation of Coverage, if You incur Covered Medical Expenses as a result of Emergency Treatment of a Sickness or Accidental Injury that first manifests itself during the Trip. Emergency Treatment means necessary medical treatment, including services and supplies, that must be performed during the Trip due to the serious and acute nature of the Sickness. Covered Medical Expenses are necessary services and supplies that are recommended by the attending Physician. They include but are not limited to:
- the services of a Physician;
- charges for Hospital confinement and use of operating rooms;
- charge for anesthetics (including administration); x-ray examinations or treatments, and laboratory tests;
- ambulance service; and
- drugs, medicines, prosthetics and therapeutic services
If You are hospitalized due to a Sickness that first occurred during the course of the scheduled Trip beyond the date of the Scheduled Return Date, coverage will be extended until You are released from the Hospital or until maximum benefits under the Group Policy have been paid.
The Company will pay benefits, up to $750.00, for emergency dental treatment for Accidental Injury to sound natural teeth.
Medical Evacuation / Repatriation:
The Company will pay benefits for Covered Expenses incurred, up to the maximum shown on the Confirmation of Coverage, if an Accidental Injury or Sickness commencing during the course of the Trip results in Your necessary Emergency Evacuation. An Emergency Evacuation must be ordered by a Physician who certifies that the severity of Your Accidental Injury or Sickness warrants Your Emergency Evacuation.
Emergency Evacuation means:
- Your medical condition warrants immediate transportation from the place where You are injured or sick to the nearest Hospital where appropriate medical treatment can be obtained;
- after being treated at a local Hospital, Your medical condition warrants transportation to the United States where You reside, to obtain further medical treatment or to recover; or
- both (a) and (b), above.
Covered Expenses are reasonable and customary expenses for necessary transportation, related medical services and medical supplies incurred in connection with Your Emergency Evacuation. All transportation arrangements made for evacuating You must be by the most direct and economical route possible. Expenses for transportation must be:
- recommended by the attending Physician;
- required by the standard regulations of the conveyance transporting You; and
- authorized in advance by the Company or its authorized representative.
Transportation of Dependent Children: If You are in the Hospital
for more than seven (7) days following a covered Emergency
Evacuation, the Company will return Your dependents, who are
under 18 years of age and accompanying You on the scheduled
Trip, to the domicile of a person nominated by You or Your next of
kin with an attendant if necessary.
Transportation to Join You: If You are traveling alone and are in a Hospital alone for more than seven (7) consecutive days or if the attending Physician certifies that due to Your Injury or Sickness, You will be required to stay in the Hospital for more than seven (7) consecutive days, upon request the Company will bring a person, chosen by You, for a single visit to and from Your bedside provided that repatriation is not imminent.
Transportation services are provided if authorized in advance by the assistance provider, and are limited to necessary economy fares less the value of applied credit from unused travel tickets, if applicable.
Transportation means any Common Carrier, or other land, water or air conveyance, required for an Emergency Evacuation and includes air ambulances, land ambulances and private motor vehicles.
The Company will not cover any expenses provided by another party at no cost to You or already included within the cost of the Trip.
Lost Baggage & Baggage Delay:
The Company will reimburse You, Your Family Member up to the maximum shown on the Confirmation of Coverage, for loss, theft or damage to baggage and personal effects, provided You have taken all reasonable measures to protect, save and/or recover Your property at all times. The baggage and personal effects must be owned by and accompany You during the Trip.
This coverage is secondary to any coverage provided by a Common Carrier and all other valid and collectible insurance indemnity and shall apply only when such other benefits are exhausted.
The Company will reimburse You for the expense of necessary personal effects, up to the maximum shown on the Confirmation of Coverage, if Your Checked Baggage is delayed or misdirected by a Common Carrier for more than twenty-four (24) hours, while on a Trip, except for travel to final destination or place of residence.
Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D):
You will receive benefits for loss of life due to an accidental injury while on your trip.
Optional Flight Accident Plan:
The Company will pay benefits for Accidental Injuries resulting in a loss that occurs while You are riding as a passenger in or on, boarding or alighting from, any air conveyance operated under a license for the transportation of passengers for hire during the Trip.
Optional Collision Damage Waiver (CDW):
Note: this benefit is not available if traveling to the following countries: Israel, Jamaica, Republic of Ireland or Northern Ireland.
If You rent a car while on the Trip, and the car is damaged due to collision, theft, vandalism, windstorm, fire, hail, flood or any cause not within Your control while in Your possession, the Company will pay the lesser of:
- The cost of repairs and rental charges imposed by the rental company while the car is being repaired; or
- The Actual Cash Value of the car, meaning purchase price less depreciation; or
- The amount shown on the Confirmation of Coverage.
Coverage is provided to You, provided You and Your Traveling Companions are licensed drivers and are listed on the rental agreement.
Optional Cancel for Any Reason
If You cancel Your Trip for any reason not otherwise covered by this plan, the Company will reimburse You for seventy-five percent (75%) of the prepaid, forfeited, non-refundable payments or deposits You paid for Your Trip provided:
- Your plan payment is received within ten (10) days of the date Your initial deposit/payment for Your Trip is received; and
- You insure all prepaid Trip costs that are subject to cancellation penalties or restrictions; and
- You also insure within ten (10) days of the payment for those arrangements the cost of any subsequent arrangements (or any other arrangements not made through Your travel agent) added to Your Trip; and
- You cancel Your Trip two (2) days or more before Your Scheduled Departure Date.
Assistance with Travel
- pre-trip information: Provide information concerning inoculation and visa requirements for countries worldwide
- weather information: Concerning local weather conditions exchange rate information: Present-Day currency rates, etc.
- embassy referral: Providing contact information for the nearest embassies around the world
- interpreter referral: Contact information for interpreters around the world
- lost passport: Provide directions for lost passport recovery to insureds while traveling outside of their home country
- emergency message: In the event of a medical emergency, assistance in relaying urgent messages to family, friends, or business associates at the insured’s request
- hotel accommodation: In case of insured’s hospitalization outside of their home country, assistance in locating hotel accommodation for insured’s traveling companion
Medical Assistance while traveling
- 24-hour telephone contact: Should medical emergencies arise, there is help in locating medical care conference calls: Arranging telephone conferences between your attending and home physicians
- second opinions: Arranging second medical opinions in hospital cases emergency messages: Relaying emergency messages to family and employer during medical emergencies
- payment guarantee: Guarantee or payment of medical bills or authorizing medical benefits according to the program for eligible benefits only.
- ticketing services: 24-hour ticketing service to arrange emergency family visits
- medical evacuations: Arranging emergency medical evacuation from medically underserved areas repatriation: Arranging medical transportation home after treatment medical / travel escorts: Arranging escorts and transportation for unaccompanied children
- medical records: Arranging transfer of medical records
- remains return: Arranging repatriation of remains for deceased travelers
When are you eligible for benefits
"Effective Date" is 12:01a.m. following the: postmark of your enrollment form or the date you fax or transmit your enrollment via the Internet with the proper payment
- trip cancellation and assistance services – your eligibility begins on your effective date.
- trip delay / missed connection – in force while you are en route to and from your covered trip.
- flight accident plan (if chosen) – begins on the departure date or the date your completed enrollment form and fees are postmarked, faxed, or transmitted via the Internet and ends when the trip is completed or after 30 days (unless additional days are purchased), whichever comes first.
- collision damage waiver (if chosen) – begins on the departure date or the date your completed enrollment form and fees are postmarked, faxed, or transmitted via the Internet and ends when the trip is completed or after 30 days (unless additional days are purchased), whichever comes first.
- all other coverages (includes trip interruption) – you become eligible for benefits at 12:01 a.m. on your scheduled departure date or your effective date whichever is later, and ends at the point and time of return on the scheduled return date.
Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (“PPACA”): This insurance is not subject to, and does not provide certain of the insurance benefits required by, the United States PPACA. PPACA requires certain U.S. residents and citizens to obtain PPACA compliant insurance coverage. In certain circumstances penalties may be imposed on U.S. residents and citizens who do not maintain PPACA compliant insurance coverage. You should consult your attorney or tax professional to determine if PPACA’s requirements are applicable to you. The policy contains the plan benefits, including a lifetime maximum that you have selected. Please review your choices to ensure that you have sufficient coverage to meet your medical needs.