Student Travel Insurance > Seven Corners
Liaison Student Travel Insurance
Thousands of students and other educational professionals
travel internationally each year. These travelers experience
both the educational benefit and the thrill of studying outside
of their home country. Proper medical coverage is required in
order to protect against unforeseen events. Seven Corners has
established Liaison® Student to provide valuable benefits to
students and other educational professionals when they travel
outside of their home country.
Whether you are a foreign national studying in the United
States for several years or a U.S. citizen studying abroad, Liaison®
Student is designed to protect you during your time away from
Why choose Liaison® Student?
- Seven Corners has been providing international medical and
travel insurance to citizens of all countries since 1993.
- Liaison Student’s benefits are specifically designed and priced
for international students.
- 24 Hour Assistance Service is ready to assist in locating proper
medical care when you are traveling away from home.
Who is eligible for Liaison® Student?
International Students, visiting Faculty, Scholars, or other
persons age 13 and older who are temporarily residing outside
their Home Country. The Insured must remain engaged in
full-time educational or research activities outside their Home
Country during the Period of Coverage.
Education or research activities shall mean the Insured: 1) is
enrolled and participating in an educational, vocational, cultural
exchange, or training programs; and 2) has a valid J-1, H-3, F, M,
or Q Visa.
All United States Students, visiting Faculty, Scholars, or other
persons with a current passport who are temporarily residing
outside the United States and are engaged in full-time
educational or research activities.
Please note coverage for residents of the following States is not currently available.
- District of Columbia
- North Carolina
- New Hampshire
- New York
Eligible individuals may also purchase coverage for their eligible
dependents (must be covered along with a Parent). An eligible
spouse shall be defined as the Primary Insured’s legal spouse.
An Eligible Dependent Child shall mean the Primary Insured
Person’s unmarried child(ren) over 30 days and under 19 years of
age or under 25 years of age if they are attending an accredited
institution of higher learning on a regular full-time basis and/or
wholly dependent upon the Insured Person for maintenance
and support. Maximum age of coverage is 64.
Period of Coverage
The minimum period of coverage under Liaison Student is 15
days, maximum is 12 months (see Continuing Coverage section).
Coverage can be purchased in a combination of monthly and/or
daily periods by paying the appropriate plan cost. If you are
studying abroad for an extended period of time, please refer to“Continuing Coverage” section
Your coverage will begin on the latest of the following:
- The date Seven Corners receives a completed application and premium for the period requested; or
- The Effective Date requested on the application; or
- The moment the Insured Person departs their Home Country airspace; or
- The date Seven Corners approves the application.
Coverage will end on the earlier of the following:
- The moment the Insured Person returns to their Home Country; or
- The expiration of 12 months from the Effective Date of Coverage (see Continuing Coverage section); or
- The date shown on the ID Card issued by Seven Corners; or
- The end of the period for which premium has been paid; or
- The Date the Insured Person fails to be considered an
Eligible Person; or
- The date / moment the maximum benefit amount has been paid
The Insurance Company
Liaison Student is underwritten by Nationwide Mutual Insurance
Company, Nationwide Life Insurance Company and Nationwide
Mutual Fire Insurance Company.