International Military Student > Medical Insurance
Click to Quote & Apply
International Military Student Medical Insurance
The Military Student Medical plan is offered exclusively by InsuranceQuest.com and is designed to provide short term coverage to foreign military students and dependents in the USA on A or B visas. Coverage on this plan is available for up to 12 months of continuous coverage. If you need coverage for a longer period of time, please look at our Military Student Plus plan.
The coverage on the Military Student plan has been designed to meet all DSCA medical policy requirements, providing comprehensive coverage for officers/students and their dependents. Each participant
must have a health insurance plan that meets all DSCA medical policy requirements covering complete dates for their period of time in the United States, and this plan has specifically been designed to
meet those requirements.
Requirements for Medical Insurance:
- Healthcare insurance policy coverage should include coverage for all non-elective conditions, and must remain in effect for the duration of the IMS and authorized dependents DoD sponsored stay in
the United States. The initial policy should be in effect for one year or the duration of the IMS stay in the US under DoD security assistance sponsorship, whichever is less and must be renewable
- Medical benefits of at least $400,000 per year (payable in US dollars; no conversion from foreign currency).
- Total Policy Deductible not to exceed $1,000 annually .
- Repatriation of remains in the amount of $50,000 (per individual), should a death occur in the US. (NOTE: this would provide for the preparation and transportation of remains to home country.)
- Medical evacuation in the amount of at least $250,000 (per individual) for immediate transportation to the nearest adequate medical facility, and subsequently in the eve net it is determined to
be medically necessary for IMS and or authorized dependant to return to home country.
- Healthcare insurance policy must meet the following requirements:
- No exclusion for payment of benefits directly to a DoD MTF if applicable.
- Provide nationwide coverage/service.
- Provide single source administration/management for the policy.
- Have a point of contact in the US. In all cases, the insurance company is to pay promptly in US currency directly to health care provider.
- Have a copy of the policy written in English.
Eligible individuals may also purchase coverage for their eligible dependents. An eligible spouse shall be defined as the Primary Insured’s legal spouse. An Eligible Dependent Child shall mean
the Primary Insured Person’s unmarried children over fourteen (14) days and under nineteen (19) years of age.
It is the Insured Person’s responsibility to maintain all records regarding travel
history, age and provide any documents to the Administrator, which would verify Eligibility Requirements.
Effective Date of Coverage begins on the latest of the following:
- The date and time the Company receives a completed application and plan cost for the Period of Coverage; or
- The Effective Date
requested on the application; or
- The moment You depart Your Home Country; or
- The date the Company approves the application.
Expiration Date of Coverage terminates on the earlier of the following:
- 1. Your return to Your Home Country (except as provided under the Home Country Coverage); or
- The expiration of twelve (12)
months from the Effective Date of Coverage; or
- The date shown on the ID card; or
- The end of the period for which plan cost has been paid; or
- The date You fail to be considered an Eligible
- The maximum benefit amount has been paid.
About International Military Student Policy:
This policy is offered exclusively through CDA Insurance LLC and it's international agency, InsuranceQuest.com.
Policy and claims administration to be provided by:
Seven Corners, Inc.
303 Congressional Boulevard
Carmel, IN 46032
International 24 hour assistance services
Seven Corners Assist
Carmel, IN USA
Refer to group number (assigned when policy is issued) when calling
If in the United States or Canada: 1-800-690-6295
If outside the United States
or Canada: 0-317-818-2808 (collect)
PPO Network Provided by Hygeia. (www.sevencorners.com/ppo)
The Group Plan is underwritten by Certain Underwriters at Lloyd’s, London. As the largest insurance entity
in the world, Lloyd’s has earned an A (Excellent) rating from AM Best and an A+ (Strong) rating from Standard and Poors.