International Health Insurance > HTH Worldwide
Xplorer Essential Health Plan Exclusions
GeoBlue Xplorer Exclusions and Limitations
Benefits are not available for any services received on or within 6 months after the Eligibility Date of an Insured Person if those services are related to a Pre-existing Condition as defined below. This exclusion does not apply to a Newborn that is enrolled within 31 days of birth, a newly adopted child that is enrolled within 31 days from either the date of placement of the child in the home, or the date of the final decree of adoption.
Exception: The Insurer will credit time an Insured Person was covered by Creditable Coverage that was in effect up to a date not more than 63 days before the Effective Date of Coverage under this Plan, excluding the Waiting Period.
Preexisting Condition: any disease, illness, sickness, malady or condition which was diagnosed or treated by a legally qualified physician prior to the effective date of coverage with consultation, advice or treatment by a legally qualified physician occurring within 6 months prior to the Coverage Date for the insured.
This limitation does not apply to the Medical Evacuation Benefit, the Repatriation of Remains Benefit and to the Bedside Visit Benefit.
The plan does not provide benefits for:
- Hospitalization, services and supplies that are not Medically Necessary.
- Services or supplies that are not specifically mentioned in this Certificate
- Services or supplies for any illness or injury arising out of or in the course of employment for which benefits are available under any Workers’ Compensation Law or other similar laws whether or not you make a claim for such compensation or receive such benefits.
- Services or supplies that are furnished to you by the local, state or federal government and for any services or supplies to the extent payment or benefits are provided or available from the local, state or federal government whether or not that payment or benefits are received.
- Conditions caused by or contributed by:
- An act of war;
- The inadvertent release of nuclear energy when government funds are available for treatment of Illness or Injury arising from such release of nuclear energy;
- An Insured Person participating in the military service of any country;
- An Insured Person participating in an insurrection, rebellion, or riot;
- Services received for any condition caused by an Insured Person’s commission of, or attempt to commit a felony or to which a contributing cause was the Insured Person being engaged in an illegal occupation;
- An Insured Person voluntarily using illegal drugs; intentionally taking over the counter medication not in accordance with recommended dosage and warning instructions; and intentionally misusing prescription drugs.
- Services or supplies that do not meet accepted standards of medical and/or dental practice.
- Investigational Services and Supplies and all related services and supplies.
- Custodial Care Service.
- Routine physical examinations, unless otherwise specified in this Certificate.
- Services or supplies received during an Inpatient stay when the stay is primarily related to behavioral, social maladjustment, lack of discipline or other antisocial actions that are not specifically the result of Mental Illness.
- Cosmetic Surgery and related services and supplies, whether or not for psychological purposes, except for the correction of congenital deformities or for conditions resulting from accidental injuries, scars, tumors or diseases that occur after your Coverage Date.
- Services or supplies for which you are not required to make payment or would have no legal obligation to pay if you did not have this or similar coverage.
- Charges for failure to keep a scheduled visit or charges for completion of a Claim form.
- Personal hygiene, comfort or convenience items commonly used for other than medical purposes, such as air conditioners, humidifiers, physical fitness equipment, televisions and telephones.
- Special braces, splints, specialized equipment, appliances, ambulatory apparatus, battery implants, except as specifically mentioned in this Certificate.
- Orthopedic shoes (except when joined to braces) or shoe inserts, including orthotics.
- Blood derivatives that are not classified as drugs in the official formularies.
- Eyeglasses, contact lenses or cataract lenses and the examination for prescribing or fitting of glasses or contact lenses or for determining the refractive state of the eye, except as specifically mentioned in this Certificate.
- Treatment to change the refraction of one or both eyes (laser eye correction), including refractive keratectomy (RK) and photorefractive keratectomy (PRK).
- Vision care services unless elected by your Group
- Treatment of flat foot conditions and the prescription of supportive devices for such conditions and the treatment of subluxations of the foot.
- Routine foot care, except for persons diagnosed with diabetes, including the cutting or removal of corns or calluses; the trimming of nails, routine hygienic care and any service rendered in the absence of localized Illness, Injury or symptoms involving the feet.
- Immunizations, unless otherwise specified in this Certificate.
- Maintenance Occupational Therapy, Maintenance Physical Therapy and Maintenance Speech Therapy.
- Hearing aids or examinations for the prescription or fitting of hearing aids unless otherwise specified in this Certificate.
- Services and supplies to the extent benefits are duplicated because the spouse, parent and/or child are members of the Group and each is covered separately under this Certificate.
- Diagnostic Service as part of routine physical examinations or check-ups, premarital examinations, determination of the refractive errors of the eyes, auditory problems, surveys, casefinding, research studies, screening, or similar procedures and studies, or tests which are Investigational unless otherwise specified in this Certificate.
- Procurement or use of prosthetic devices, special appliances and surgical implants which are for cosmetic purposes, the comfort and convenience of the patient, or unrelated to the treatment of a disease or injury.
- Services and supplies rendered or provided for human organ or tissue transplants other than those specifically named in this Certificate.
- Investigational or experimental organ transplantation including animal to human organ transplants.
- Consultations performed by you, your spouse, parents or children.
- Charges for the services of a standby Physician.
- Treatment for overweight conditions other than for morbid obesity.
- Treatment for hair loss.
- Growth Hormone treatment.
- Dental treatment, dental surgery, dental prostheses and orthodontic treatment unless otherwise specified in this Certificate.
- Dental Implants: Dental materials implanted into or on bone or soft tissue or any associated procedure as part of the implantation or removal of dental implants.
- Medical aids unless otherwise specified in this Certificate.
- Services and treatment related to elective abortions.
- Sterilization or the reversal of sterilization, unless otherwise specified in this Certificate.
- All contraceptive services and supplies, including but not limited to, all consultations, examinations, evaluations, medications, medical, laboratory, devices, or surgical procedures unless stated otherwise.
- All services related to the evaluation or treatment of fertility and/or Infertility, including, but not limited to, all tests, consultations, examinations, medications, invasive, medical, laboratory or surgical procedures including sterilization reversals and In vitro fertilization.
- Cryopreservation of sperm or eggs.
- Sex change operations.
- Treatment of sexual dysfunction or inadequacy.
- Non-prescription drugs.
- Educational services except as specifically provided or arranged by the Insurer.
- Nutritional counseling or food supplements, except for treatment of Phenylketonuria (PKU) and other inherited metabolic diseases and diabetes.
- Charges by a provider for telephone consultations.